Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and if you haven’t started thinking about gifts… well, now is the time!
For me, Mother’s Day is when I really try to show my mom that everything she does for me really means something. So, the gifts that I give her reflect that. I usually start by making her coffee and breakfast- chocolate croissants from the local bakery, fruit salad, fresh chicken eggs, and I order her favorite lavender gelato to have to. Basically a big feast! Don’t know how to cook? No worries! I’ll include some recipes at the bottom of the post.
For her actual gift, I try to think of things that she really NEEDS, things that will help her on a day to day basis. And, things that will hep her relax. That way, it makes her life easier, which, is really what Mom’s need anyway right? Think of things like gift certificates to stores she often goes to, clothes, spa treatments, cleaning her car, 1 month of free dish service from you. Those are just options, but you get the idea.
Try to think of things that will make your mom feel special, that will help her and make things she does easier….
What are you thinking of getting your mom? And how does she impact your life?
Eggy in a Basket-
- 1 piece of toast
- 1 egg
- Pam or other brand of cooking spray
- Cut a heart out in the middle of your bread and set spare piece on the side
- Coat pan with spray
- Place bread on pan
- Crack egg in the heart space
- Cook until done on both sides
- Top with rosemary and salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 english muffin
- brie cheese
- Toast english muffin
- Make medium done egg (Runny yolk but cooked white)
- Warm brie cheese in microwave for about 30 seconds
- Sautee spinach for 1 min on high heat
- Place cheese, spinach, egg, and salsa on bottom english muffin, top with other half
This next recipe is my favorite breakfast to make… eggs benedict! The poaching is a little intense so if you aren’t a experienced cook I wouldn’t recommend trying this yet.. especially on a day where you want everything to be perfect!
Click here to view recipe.