School lunches are terrible for you. They are fattening, unhealthy, and even dangerous to eat! Here are some easy recipes you can make the night before school to have a healthy and fulfilling lunch with you.
Chicken Mushroom soup
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- salt and pepper to season
- Warm broth in pan
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft
- throw in dash of salt and pepper
- Place in thermos and warm for 5 min before you leave for school
Kitchen Sink Salad
- Veggies from your kitchen
- Fruits from your kitchen
- Any lean meats such as fish or chicken leftover from dinners
- Mix ingredients together
- Top with favorite salad dressing
- Place in container
- Enjoy for lunch!
Fiber Enriched Pasta Salad
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup dark veggies such as peppers, spinach, artichoke, and cucumbers.
- Boil pasta
- Top with veggies
- Pour a little olive oil on top
- Place in container and enjoy for lunch!
Those are some staples for lunch, soup for when it gets cold, salad when its hot or you aren’t going to be to active, and pasta when its cold AND you are going to be super active. Try out some of these recipes and get them nailed before school starts!